Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tackle It Tuesday, "paint the picture"


Also shared on: Haiku My Heart

For this week's Tackle It Tuesday I have given my dear haijin friends a inspirational picture. Of course I need to write my own haiku for this "paint the picture".
So here is mine and it's written in the Spirit of Basho, although he wasn't familiar with the cascading haiku-form, I have used that form.



Monastery Thessaloniki Greece
 in the garden
of the monastery
silent for God


silent for God
monks in deep meditation
between roses


between roses
the sound of a fountain
in the garden


Well ... do you like this cascading one? Please ... send me your feed-back on this one.

13 comments:

  1. Very lovely set of haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, roses, peace... What else do we need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my friend, I really, really liked your cascade of beautiful images and feelings of peacefulness....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evocative photo and stunning images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meditative and lovely!! I leave very peaceful. Thank you! :)
    Breakfast with a View

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautifully painted those images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But of course I like it! Centered and spiritual and that's why we are friends ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it ~ The Silence for God is a good line ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful contrast of silence and fountain, evoking such contemplation of the divine in the lines of your haiku...

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are right!
    there is a wellspring of illumination here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ik ben een beetje laat met mijn 'haiku-blog-ronde' maar beter wat later de tijd genomen dan in het weekend even 'snelsnel' langsgezapt.. nu had ik tenminste rust om je haiku een paar keer door te lezen. De laatste zinnen roepen een heel mooi beeld op - vooral omdat je daarvoor twee keer het woord 'silent' gebruikt en hier doorbreekt het water de stilte, maar ook weer niet want water vult de stilte misschien juist aan - ben ik nu vaag? Geloof het wel hè? Anyway, ik vind dit een mooie, verstilde haikureeks!

    ReplyDelete